Forgiveness & Responsibility
Many of us choose to play the victim and the blame game when it comes to what we experience in our lives, which we have covered before in other affirmations. Neither of which really serve us or those we are connected to. A primary component of peace and freedom is forgiveness; forgiveness and responsibility work in tandem to get us to that place.
As we continue to raise our individual consciousness, we come to realize the roles we play in the experiences that we encounter. This recognition requires that we take personal responsibility for our choices and the sub-sequential actions. The only way to truly forgive is to go through that process first. Put more simply, we must first recognize the error of our ways before we can rectify it and free ourselves of its negative impact. Author Gary Zukav once said “Forgiveness means that [we] do not hold others responsible for [our] experiences.” Forgiveness should always start with Self. The process goes like this:
- Recognize our part in the creation of the situation requiring forgiveness
- Accept this role and the consequences that come along with it
- Forgive ourselves for creating something that is not rooted in love, peace and/or truth
- Forgive all others involved in the situation
- Free ourselves of any resulting guilt, shame, sadness, anger, etc…
- Get back to a place of peace
As we ponder and apply this process to our lives, let us remember that love is always the order of the day and if we keep that in the forefront of our minds, hearts and spirits…this process will become easier and easier until it is second nature. And so it is…
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.