Many of us are or have experienced distance from those who have been in our inner circles…these can be friends, partners, relatives and even other acquaintances. Situations such as break-ups, arguments, misunderstandings, and the like can cause us to distance ourselves from one another for a number of reasons.
I’ve come to know that some of us, especially as time passes by, recognize that the reasons that prompted our separation and subsequent distant behavior eventually lose power and no longer hold the weight they did at the onset. It is times like these where we have a prime opportunity to choose and operate from a place of love. When we truly accept a person just as they are and where they are and focus on how they can add to our lives as opposed to the opposite, then we can begin to re-cultivate those connections and possibly even go deeper. Often times the new cultivation is accompanied by a new and more clear understanding of who the other person(s) is and how we can help each other achieve our Greatest, Grandest Self.
If there are people in our lives that we have distanced ourselves from, let us:
- Re-examine the reasons why
- look at and deal with the role that we played in the situation getting to where it is currently
- In love, we can forgive ourselves and make any necessary internal adjustments
- Once we have forgiven ourselves, we can then extend that same forgiveness to the person(s) we are distancing ourselves from
- (None of the above steps require the other person)
- If the person accepts your forgiveness and is able to offer you that forgiveness as well, then the connection is ripe for continued cultivation
*Note: all of the above should come from a place of love*
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.